Any Hebrew or Greek words in this post have been transliterated into English forms.
I am not with the Jehovah’s Witnesses, nor do I support any such sectarian authoritarianism. I am a Bible Student, as was Charles Taze Russell. This post is in response to a post in Paradox Parables entitled: “A Response to Christadelphians Defense of Charles Taze Russell.”
The claim is made that the Watch Tower Society is “still controlled and maintained by the JWs that is Russel’s organization.” This is misleading since the Watch Tower as it was in the days of Russell actually no longer exists, nor did Russell have any authoritarian and sectarian religious “organization” such as the Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Was Russell the Founder of JW Organization?
Charles Taze Russell was the main founder of the original Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, but that original legal entity was virtually destroyed within a few months after Russell died. Rutherford, through deceit, had a new by-laws passed, and through legal trickery gained control of the legal entity, and used the legal entity to create a new organization, which he later named “Jehovah’s Witnesses”. Charles Taze Russell did not create such an organization; indeed, Russell was a non-sectarian who preached against the idea that any such “outward organization” was the true church.
Russell further preached against the kind of “Armageddon” message that the JWs preach. He never preached that millions of unbelievers would be eternally destroyed in Armageddon; Russell believed that Armageddon was to chastise the peoples of the nations, not eternally destroy them.
By 1928, the majority of the Bible Students had rejected Rutherford’s new organization and refused to accept that organization; in effect, they were never members of such an organization as Rutherford created. It is because the Bible Students as a whole, represented by the majority, had rejected his new organization, that Rutherford named his new organization “Jehovah’s Witnesses”.
Charles Taze Russell was not a member either of the Freemasons’ organization.
Russell many times stated he was not a prophet, but, as a Bible student, was only a student of Bible prophecy. He never claimed to have any revelations from angels, etc. The tens of thousands of pages that have been produced from Russell’s works overwhelmingly testify that Russell was not at all in league with the Freemasons, or that he was promoting a “cult”, using “brainwashing”, etc.
It is stated that “Isaiah 9:6 calls Yeshua “Elohim,… and Father.” In Isaiah 9:6, one does not find the form ELOHIM, but one finds the form EL. I believe, however, that the name describes the God and Father of Jesus; it is not meant to describe the son given by Yahweh. — Isaiah 9:7.
- Isaiah 9:6 – Father of Eternity
- Isaiah 9:6 – Not a Series of Names
- Isaiah 9:6 – The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father
- Isaiah 9:6 – The Singular Name of the Son Given
Regarding John 1:1
- John 1:1 – James White Regarding “Was”
- John 1:1 – In the Beginning
- John 1:1 – The Logos of God (WP Link)
- John 1:1 – What Beginning? (WP Link)
- John 1:1 and Trinitarian Assumptions (RLink)
- John 1:1-3 – The Logos was Theos
Regarding John 20:28
Regarding Hebrew 1
- Hebrews 1: What Does Hebrews 1 Say About “God”?
- Hebrews 1:1-3 – The Unipersonal God Spoke Through His Son
- Hebrews 1:10-12- Does Yahweh Speak to Yahweh?
- Hebrews 1:6 – link to brief comment
- Hebrews 1:8 – Why is Jesus called “Elohim” and “Theos”? Psalm 45:6,7
Regarding God’s Holy Spirit:
Jesus, who was sent by the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and who spoke in the name of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is most definitely not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did not send the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to sacrifice the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Regarding the Death and Resurrection of Jesus
- 1 Peter 3:18 – Jesus Died a Human Being – Raised a Spirit Being
- 1 Peter 3:18, Romans 8:8,9 and Jesus’ Sacrifice for Sin
- With What Kind of Body Will We Be Raised?
- The Manner of the Resurrection
- Jesus’ Appearances in the Locked Room
Regarding the Biblical usage of the term, angel of Yahweh, see:
It is the God of Jesus who is the Alpha and Omega in Revelation; Jesus is not presented as the Alpha and Omega.